werthliving.com


Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 963

Thread: THE Toshiba Regza SVXX670U Owners Thread

  1. #1
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default THE Toshiba Regza SVXX670U Owners Thread

    werthliving.com

    Ok so as an "owner in transit" and a very excited owner of the Toshiba 55SV670U, thought I'd start this thread up here. Not sure how many of you had the opportunity to view the Shootout as it were. However, I'd personally be very patiently waiting for this new panel to be featured in the Shootout hosted by Robert and Value Electronics. In short, I was hoping for this panel to be a winner since at this price point as directed compared to the Samsung XXA950 and the Sony BR8, it would be a great value and represent a tremendous savings. Well to make a long story, I am extremely pleased with the way the panel performed at the shootout and I've pulled the trigger on the panel and it's "on the truck" and due to arrive Wednesday. With that being said, perhaps others will chime in with thoughts and perhaps questions etc as related to this great panel that Toshiba has produced.

  2. #2
    Casual HD User Troub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a.boogeyman View Post
    Ok so as an "owner in transit" and a very excited owner of the Toshiba 55SV670U, thought I'd start this thread up here. Not sure how many of you had the opportunity to view the Shootout as it were. However, I'd personally be very patiently waiting for this new panel to be featured in the Shootout hosted by Robert and Value Electronics. In short, I was hoping for this panel to be a winner since at this price point as directed compared to the Samsung XXA950 and the Sony BR8, it would be a great value and represent a tremendous savings. Well to make a long story, I am extremely pleased with the way the panel performed at the shootout and I've pulled the trigger on the panel and it's "on the truck" and due to arrive Wednesday. With that being said, perhaps others will chime in with thoughts and perhaps questions etc as related to this great panel that Toshiba has produced.
    Grats on the purchase I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I am

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]

  3. #3
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Troub.. glad to see that you've "made the trip"! That's one sweet panel and I'm sure that you're lovin it!

  4. #4
    Administrator CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,412
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 380 Times in 339 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Guys, I'm going to move this to the LCD thread.
    RIP STEVEN 12/26/2013

  5. #5
    Master of BS Silverfox1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    334
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    9

    Default ATTN: Troub

    Be sure and post the settings you have found regarding your best visual observations when viewing both normal broadcast channels & Blu-Ray movies.

    Your home appears to be well-lit so also let us know if the settings you have settled on for best PQ to your eyes work good for night time viewing also.

    Regards
    Last edited by Silverfox1; 07-03-2009 at 10:49 AM.

  6. #6
    HDJ Platinum Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,847
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 907 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a.boogeyman View Post
    Well to make a long story, I am extremely pleased with the way the panel performed at the shootout and I've pulled the trigger on the panel and it's "on the truck" and due to arrive Wednesday. With that being said, perhaps others will chime in with thoughts and perhaps questions etc as related to this great panel that Toshiba has produced.
    Hey hey! Congratulations, a.boogeyman. That's a lovely t.v. you got yourself, there. For a bunch of reasons, I'm still very much on the fence, so I'd love to read about your experiences with it once you get everything set up and start seriously tweaking its settings. One thing about those Toshibas--they have a gazillion very finely grained controls that you can tweak.

    Once more people get units of this set, perhaps an official "settings and issues" thread can be started.

    Yours,

    David

  7. #7
    Casual HD User Flyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    448
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 38 Times in 24 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I would love to see a calibrated version. I was playing with one last night. There was an XBR8 on one side and the new Panny Z1 plasma on the other and I just didn't see the color being as good as either of the other two, it was slightly dull.

    On another note, I remember the Panny guy saying the V10 and Z1 had the same guts, but I thought the panel was MUCH nicer than the V10. It was much clearer and not nearly as dark. Wait. Can I say this without being called a "plasma fanboy"? haha

  8. #8
    HDJ Platinum Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,847
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 907 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
    I would love to see a calibrated version. I was playing with one last night. There was an XBR8 on one side and the new Panny Z1 plasma on the other and I just didn't see the color being as good as either of the other two, it was slightly dull.

    On another note, I remember the Panny guy saying the V10 and Z1 had the same guts, but I thought the panel was MUCH nicer than the V10. It was much clearer and not nearly as dark. Wait. Can I say this without being called a "plasma fanboy"? haha
    Dude,

    If you're not sensitive to phosphor trails during nighttime viewing, plasmas just clobber LCDs in a lot of categories (but not all of them of course). The Z1 in particular is a dream t.v.

    So the color on the XBR8 looked better? Well, that tends to confirm my suspicions. I wonder, is the Toshiba using IPS like LG is? The screen is supposed to be a kind of semi-gloss, I guess, instead of full matte, but its picture did seem duller to me at the shootout.

    Eddiscus is working with Robert's Regza some more, though, and it may be that proper calibration can fix all that. We'll have to wait and see. I'm almost certainly going to trek up to Value Electronics next week.

    There! I SAID it!! Value Electronics! Value Electronics Value Electronics Value Electronics Value Electronics!!!

    www.valueelectronics.com www.valueelectronics.com www.valueelectronics.com www.valueelectronics.com www.valueelectronics.com www.valueelectronics.com !!

    Have a nice day, AVS!

    -David

  9. #9
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidjschenk View Post
    Dude,
    There! I SAID it!! Value Electronics! Value Electronics Value Electronics Value Electronics Value Electronics!!!

    www.valueelectronics.com www.valueelectronics.com www.valueelectronics.com www.valueelectronics.com www.valueelectronics.com www.valueelectronics.com !!

    Have a nice day, AVS!

    -David
    You didn't say what I think ya said did ya ? ....

  10. #10
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
    I would love to see a calibrated version.
    Eddicus played with settings and made numerous adjustments and what exactly they are, don't know. However, there was apparently a marked improvement as he completely changed his final analysis from the looks of things. Now if those settings had been tweaked like that by all of the calibrators at the shootout.......... I'll only wonder. Regardless, it's an outstanding panel and while everything is NOT perfect, for the price it's a great buy IMHO.

    Robert at Value Electronics has been a MAJOR help to me

    He he he... there, I done did it

  11. #11
    HDJ Platinum Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,847
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 907 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a.boogeyman View Post
    Eddicus played with settings and made numerous adjustments and what exactly they are, don't know. However, there was apparently a marked improvement as he completely changed his final analysis from the looks of things. Now if those settings had been tweaked like that by all of the calibrators at the shootout.......... I'll only wonder. Regardless, it's an outstanding panel and while everything is NOT perfect, for the price it's a great buy IMHO.
    Hi a.boogeyman,

    It's a beautiful set. It also has got to be the most hysterically tweakable t.v. I've ever seen. I mean, they've got everything except a Ronco potato pealer in there! As soon as calibrated settings start surfacing, I'll be very enthusiastic about seeing what you think of each suggested setting. If Ed's right, your Regza may be the true dark horse winner here.

    Yours,

    David

  12. #12
    Master of BS Silverfox1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    334
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidjschenk View Post
    Hi a.boogeyman,

    It's a beautiful set. It also has got to be the most hysterically tweakable t.v. I've ever seen. I mean, they've got everything except a Ronco potato pealer in there! As soon as calibrated settings start surfacing, I'll be very enthusiastic about seeing what you think of each suggested setting. If Ed's right, your Regza may be the true dark horse winner here.

    Yours,

    David
    The only thing boogeyman will be tweaking is the ON OFF button and I might get banned if i mention what else he tweaks !!!!!!!!!

  13. #13
    Casual HD User Flyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    448
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 38 Times in 24 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidjschenk View Post
    Dude,

    If you're not sensitive to phosphor trails during nighttime viewing, plasmas just clobber LCDs in a lot of categories (but not all of them of course). The Z1 in particular is a dream t.v.

    So the color on the XBR8 looked better? Well, that tends to confirm my suspicions. I wonder, is the Toshiba using IPS like LG is? The screen is supposed to be a kind of semi-gloss, I guess, instead of full matte, but its picture did seem duller to me at the shootout.

    Eddiscus is working with Robert's Regza some more, though, and it may be that proper calibration can fix all that. We'll have to wait and see. I'm almost certainly going to trek up to Value Electronics next week.

    There! I SAID it!! Value Electronics! Value Electronics Value Electronics Value Electronics Value Electronics!!!

    www.valueelectronics.com www.valueelectronics.com www.valueelectronics.com www.valueelectronics.com www.valueelectronics.com www.valueelectronics.com !!

    Have a nice day, AVS!

    -David
    I know, I own and like both technologies. I'm in a position where I would rather have an LCD. Yes, the Z1 was sweeeeeet. I don't care for the silver bezel but it was REAL brushed aluminum! It's very thin and the picture wasn't as dark as the V10 which was a few tv's down.

    Anyway, back to LCD. From what I remember I think Tosh actually used LG panels in some of their tvs. I don't know about this model but I wouldn't be surprised. S-IPS panels give better colors than S-PVA panels but they loose in the black level arena and that is probably why Sammy and Sony have better blacks at angles.

  14. #14
    Master of BS Silverfox1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    334
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
    I know, I own and like both technologies. I'm in a position where I would rather have an LCD. Yes, the Z1 was sweeeeeet. I don't care for the silver bezel but it was REAL brushed aluminum! It's very thin and the picture wasn't as dark as the V10 which was a few tv's down.

    Anyway, back to LCD. From what I remember I think Tosh actually used LG panels in some of their tvs. I don't know about this model but I wouldn't be surprised. S-IPS panels give better colors than S-PVA panels but they loose in the black level arena and that is probably why Sammy and Sony have better blacks at angles.
    Flyers you need to consider the 55XBR8 priced @ $3499 at BB since its successor will be 5K+ and the Sammy B9000 close behind !

    My only remorse would be having to buy from BB and pay SALES TAX !

  15. #15
    HDJ Platinum Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,847
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 907 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfox1 View Post
    Flyers you need to consider the 55XBR8 priced @ $3499 at BB since its successor will be 5K+ and the Sammy B9000 close behind !

    My only remorse would be having to buy from BB and pay SALES TAX !
    Wow. That is a much better price than normal ($1000 less than at Amazon) and the XBR8 is a lovely, lovely set. I might have bought it if I didn't hate the Sony Corporation so much (rootkits rootkits rootkits).

    Yours,

    David

  16. #16
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfox1 View Post
    The only thing boogeyman will be tweaking is the ON OFF button and I might get banned if i mention what else he tweaks !!!!!!!!!
    I'll tell ya, the abuse I put up with around here...

  17. #17
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidjschenk View Post
    Wow. That is a much better price than normal ($1000 less than at Amazon) and the XBR8 is a lovely, lovely set. I might have bought it if I didn't hate the Sony Corporation so much (rootkits rootkits rootkits).

    Yours,

    David
    Boy don't I agree! When I first started looking at panels a PRIME consideration of mine above and beyond the actual product was
    the company as a whole and customer service. I have read a
    WHOLE lot more negative in reference to Sony than I have heard good.
    Personally, I would NEVER buy a Sony product.

    With that being said, Sony this one's for you...

  18. #18
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Silverfox1 going for the XBR8? How could you? After starting that Toshiba thread? Where's the love man?


    That's it! I am not sharing my nakid pics of Bruce the Toshiba guy with you. You can beg all you want.

  19. #19
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saiga6360 View Post
    Silverfox1 going for the XBR8? How could you? After starting that Toshiba thread? Where's the love man?


    That's it! I am not sharing my nakid pics of Bruce the Toshiba guy with you. You can beg all you want.
    Actually, I think he'd really LOVE to see your pics of the Epson Guy...
    Ya know, the special ones from "The Back Room"

  20. #20
    HDJ Platinum Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,847
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 907 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by saiga6360 View Post
    Silverfox1 going for the XBR8? How could you? After starting that Toshiba thread? Where's the love man?


    That's it! I am not sharing my nakid pics of Bruce the Toshiba guy with you. You can beg all you want.
    "It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them!"


Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •