werthliving.com


Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: NCAA 2013/2014

  1. #1
    Super Moderator GOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    54
    Posts
    30,130
    Thanks
    3,291
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 2,142 Posts
    Rep Power
    43

    Default NCAA 2013/2014

    werthliving.com

    Dude -

    Doug McDermott is big time. How many of you are even aware of McDermott? He's a senior with Creighton, and he's nearly unstoppable. He'll go first round...way up.... He just lit up #6 Villanova for 39 and Creighton smashed them by 20. He's currently 2nd leading scorer in NCAA.
    Denon AVR-X4000 * Harmony ONE
    Klipsch RF-82 II front * RC3 center * RP3 surrounds * KEF HTS1001 rear
    Rythmik Audio DS1501 CI sub
    Oppo BDP-103
    Samsung LN46B550 LCD


  2. #2
    Recreational Alcohol User Ntruder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,707
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 413 Times in 303 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: NCAA 2013/2014

    Never heard of him. I really only follow Wisconsin basketball. Creighton... What is that, Big East? Pretty weak conference this year... And Creighton had a pretty weak schedule too.
    Panasonic 65" VT60

  3. #3
    Super Moderator GOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    54
    Posts
    30,130
    Thanks
    3,291
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 2,142 Posts
    Rep Power
    43

    Default Re: NCAA 2013/2014

    yes, Creighton has a weak schedule. Regardless, I think McDermott is gonna be a star....he's that good. That being said...we'll see how he does in NBA...
    Denon AVR-X4000 * Harmony ONE
    Klipsch RF-82 II front * RC3 center * RP3 surrounds * KEF HTS1001 rear
    Rythmik Audio DS1501 CI sub
    Oppo BDP-103
    Samsung LN46B550 LCD


  4. #4
    Recreational Alcohol User Ntruder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,707
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 413 Times in 303 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: NCAA 2013/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by GOS View Post
    yes, Creighton has a weak schedule. Regardless, I think McDermott is gonna be a star....he's that good. That being said...we'll see how he does in NBA...
    Yeah, 6'8" with a jumper and ball handling ability... That's NBA material. Not sure how he survived in college for his senior year if he's that good. Normally the NBA snatches up anyone with the scent of NBA material long before they reach upperclassmen status.

    I'm mostly wondering how/why a Nebraska school is in the Big East. I always thought it was weird that Marquette (Milwaukee) was in the Big East. That conference will take anyone I guess.
    Panasonic 65" VT60

  5. #5
    Super Moderator GOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    54
    Posts
    30,130
    Thanks
    3,291
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 2,142 Posts
    Rep Power
    43

    Default Re: NCAA 2013/2014

    He is coached by his dad at Creighton, so that is the majority of the reason..plus, he's super grounded and really wanted to utilize his senior year to get that much better. He's the real deal...


    Quote Originally Posted by Ntruder View Post
    Yeah, 6'8" with a jumper and ball handling ability... That's NBA material. Not sure how he survived in college for his senior year if he's that good. Normally the NBA snatches up anyone with the scent of NBA material long before they reach upperclassmen status.

    I'm mostly wondering how/why a Nebraska school is in the Big East. I always thought it was weird that Marquette (Milwaukee) was in the Big East. That conference will take anyone I guess.
    Denon AVR-X4000 * Harmony ONE
    Klipsch RF-82 II front * RC3 center * RP3 surrounds * KEF HTS1001 rear
    Rythmik Audio DS1501 CI sub
    Oppo BDP-103
    Samsung LN46B550 LCD


  6. #6
    Recreational Alcohol User Ntruder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,707
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 413 Times in 303 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: NCAA 2013/2014

    Personally I think I like Jabari Parker. I hope the Bucks pick him with their hopeful #1 draft pick
    Panasonic 65" VT60

  7. #7
    Super Moderator GOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    54
    Posts
    30,130
    Thanks
    3,291
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 2,142 Posts
    Rep Power
    43

    Default Re: NCAA 2013/2014

    I always enjoy the NBA draft...a very cool moment for the kids coming out of college (oh, and high school)
    Denon AVR-X4000 * Harmony ONE
    Klipsch RF-82 II front * RC3 center * RP3 surrounds * KEF HTS1001 rear
    Rythmik Audio DS1501 CI sub
    Oppo BDP-103
    Samsung LN46B550 LCD


  8. #8
    Recreational Alcohol User Ntruder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,707
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 413 Times in 303 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: NCAA 2013/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by GOS View Post
    I always enjoy the NBA draft...a very cool moment for the kids coming out of college (oh, and high school)
    I'd like to see a 2 year college minimum for players. I think it would help improve the quality of college basketball at minimum sacrifice to the NBA
    Panasonic 65" VT60

  9. #9
    Super Moderator GOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    54
    Posts
    30,130
    Thanks
    3,291
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 2,142 Posts
    Rep Power
    43

    Default Re: NCAA 2013/2014

    Totally agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntruder View Post
    I'd like to see a 2 year college minimum for players. I think it would help improve the quality of college basketball at minimum sacrifice to the NBA
    Denon AVR-X4000 * Harmony ONE
    Klipsch RF-82 II front * RC3 center * RP3 surrounds * KEF HTS1001 rear
    Rythmik Audio DS1501 CI sub
    Oppo BDP-103
    Samsung LN46B550 LCD


  10. #10
    Dependent HD User sprkeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    The Couv
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,929
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 152 Times in 137 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: NCAA 2013/2014

    Not sure what happened to my post, clicked the wrong button.

    Syracuse is not undefeated (25-1) any more the O is no more. They got beat by Boston College.

    Wichita State (27-0) is now the only undefeated school in the country.
    "Turn On...Tune In...Drop Out"
    in Memory of Dr. Timothy Leary, PhD (1920-1996)

    Steve Jobs dropped LCD and created The Macintosh 128K in 1984

    TundraGeeks.com

  11. #11
    Super Moderator GOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    54
    Posts
    30,130
    Thanks
    3,291
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 2,142 Posts
    Rep Power
    43

    Default Re: NCAA 2013/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by sprkeng View Post
    Not sure what happened to my post, clicked the wrong button.

    Syracuse is not undefeated (25-1) any more the O is no more. They got beat by Boston College.

    Wichita State (27-0) is now the only undefeated school in the country.
    Yeah, even though the shockers are far from a number 1 team, they may get it due to record...lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Denon AVR-X4000 * Harmony ONE
    Klipsch RF-82 II front * RC3 center * RP3 surrounds * KEF HTS1001 rear
    Rythmik Audio DS1501 CI sub
    Oppo BDP-103
    Samsung LN46B550 LCD


  12. #12
    Recreational Alcohol User Ntruder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,707
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 413 Times in 303 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: NCAA 2013/2014

    Nah I'm thinking Syracuse still hangs onto #1. Florida is ahead of Wichita St in every poll
    Panasonic 65" VT60

  13. #13
    Dependent HD User sprkeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    The Couv
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,929
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 152 Times in 137 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: NCAA 2013/2014

    Dude I'm a Pac 8 eight alumni and a Pac12 fan...Arizona is going to take it this year. San Diego State is going to be in the elite 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntruder View Post
    Nah I'm thinking Syracuse still hangs onto #1. Florida is ahead of Wichita St in every poll
    "Turn On...Tune In...Drop Out"
    in Memory of Dr. Timothy Leary, PhD (1920-1996)

    Steve Jobs dropped LCD and created The Macintosh 128K in 1984

    TundraGeeks.com

  14. #14
    HDJ Platinum Club Member Bobler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Drinking a beer in CO
    Posts
    1,223
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 84 Times in 66 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: NCAA 2013/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by sprkeng View Post
    Dude I'm a Pac 8 eight alumni and a Pac12 fan...Arizona is going to take it this year. San Diego State is going to be in the elite 8.
    Zona coming to Boulder tomorrow (Sat) night...gonna be fun! CU only lost one at home all season.

  15. #15
    Super Moderator GOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    54
    Posts
    30,130
    Thanks
    3,291
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 2,142 Posts
    Rep Power
    43

    Default Re: NCAA 2013/2014


    Well, McDermott had an amazing night on his last game at home on Senior night. Lit it up with 45...also surpassed 3000 points. Damn, he's good.


    McDermott's 45

    Quote Originally Posted by GOS View Post
    yes, Creighton has a weak schedule. Regardless, I think McDermott is gonna be a star....he's that good. That being said...we'll see how he does in NBA...
    Denon AVR-X4000 * Harmony ONE
    Klipsch RF-82 II front * RC3 center * RP3 surrounds * KEF HTS1001 rear
    Rythmik Audio DS1501 CI sub
    Oppo BDP-103
    Samsung LN46B550 LCD


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •