werthliving.com


Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 166

Thread: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed

  1. #41
    HDJ Platinum Club Member gadgtfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    23,015
    Thanks
    1,628
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 2,360 Posts
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed

    werthliving.com

    One more bit of porn, this one with a gstring:


  2. #42
    HDJ Platinum Club Member gadgtfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    23,015
    Thanks
    1,628
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 2,360 Posts
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed

    Quote Originally Posted by HStevens View Post
    I ran the Outlaw 970/7125 for years until I just couldn't deal with the 970's obsolete connections. I currently am using the Onkyo 818 which is a fantastic receiver, but I can tell you that I enjoyed and prefer the Outlaw sound more. As soon as Outlaw produces another Pre/Pro I will be going back to an Outlaw setup.

    With respect to amp draw, the Outlaw setup drew less than the Onkyo setup does.
    Thanks, great input.

  3. #43
    HDJ Platinum Club Member AVJeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lewiston, ME, Concord NH
    Posts
    1,513
    Thanks
    623
    Thanked 341 Times in 267 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whiddon View Post
    Thanks, Im stuck there. Hopefully it doesnt suck much juice since Im taking the AVR out of the equation power wise. When we build, ill def be doing separate circuits.
    You will be fine. If you had some ridiculously hard speakers to drive that taxed the amp to its limits I might worry about tripping a breaker, but not with yours or most any speaker.

    For what its worth the Outlaw is 7 channels and more than 20lbs lighter than the Emo.

    Emo porn


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to AVJeff For This Useful Post:

    gadgtfreek (09-23-2012)

  5. #44
    HDJ Platinum Club Member gadgtfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    23,015
    Thanks
    1,628
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 2,360 Posts
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed

    Thats something I like about the Emo site, they have internal shots too. Not that it matters i guess, but I love the way amps look with their clothes off.

  6. #45
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed

    The Outlaw weighs 51 lbs. and the Emo weighs 29.

  7. #46
    HDJ Platinum Club Member gadgtfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    23,015
    Thanks
    1,628
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 2,360 Posts
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed

    More stupid questions:

    If you are running a 7 channel amp for a 5channel setup, and say you burn out on of the outputs, can you swap to one you werent using? Just curious.

    Also, here is how I take my setup will change:

    Marantz AVR will only have HDMI running into it, and the rca's out to the Amp. The speaker wires will then go into the amp. As far as audyssey and xover settings and all that crap, the AVR still controls and implements it's settings, its just not powering the speakers anymore?

    Would these be a good choice in cable type (I like BJC), its the same I have running to my sub?:

    http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/subwoofer/index.htm

  8. #47
    HDJ Platinum Club Member gadgtfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    23,015
    Thanks
    1,628
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 2,360 Posts
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed

    Quote Originally Posted by HStevens View Post
    The Outlaw weighs 51 lbs. and the Emo weighs 29.
    The fair comparison would be 7125 vs UPA-7 I reckon.

    51 vs 69 (per audioholics)

  9. #48
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed

    Correct with respect to Audyssey.

    I would email the amp manufacturer about the burned out channel question.

    BJC is very good quality to say the least.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to HStevens For This Useful Post:

    gadgtfreek (09-23-2012)

  11. #49
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whiddon View Post
    The fair comparison would be 7125 vs UPA-7 I reckon.

    51 vs 69 (per audioholics)
    Sorry, I was using this page as a reference:

    http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/...roducts/upa700

  12. #50
    HDJ Platinum Club Member gadgtfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    23,015
    Thanks
    1,628
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 2,360 Posts
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed

    Looking at BJC, it looks like the only single RCA they sell is the "sub" cable, so Im guessing thats one Id buy multiples of for pre/pro to amp. They have stereo cables, but those of course are two.

  13. #51
    HDJ Platinum Club Member gadgtfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    23,015
    Thanks
    1,628
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 2,360 Posts
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed

    Quote Originally Posted by HStevens View Post
    Sorry, I was using this page as a reference:

    http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/...roducts/upa700
    Oh yeah, thats the new 80watt. I love the size of that thing, wish you could get a 200wpc amp in that form lol

  14. #52
    Casual HD User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed

    I used the Outlaw cables and purchased them when I bought the amp. Nice cables and no issues.

  15. #53
    HDJ Platinum Club Member gadgtfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    23,015
    Thanks
    1,628
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 2,360 Posts
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed

    Cool.

    After some looking, both the stereo cables and the sub cable are the same thing at BJC, the LC-1 interconnect. So yeah I could just buy as many "sub" cables as needed and use that.

  16. #54
    HDJ Platinum Club Member AVJeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lewiston, ME, Concord NH
    Posts
    1,513
    Thanks
    623
    Thanked 341 Times in 267 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed

    Quote Originally Posted by HStevens View Post
    The Outlaw weighs 51 lbs. and the Emo weighs 29.
    No I was referring the XPA-5 vs the outlaw for $100 more. The XPA-5 weighs 72.6lbs

    I am comparing by cost not by amp similarities. 999 for the outlaw 7 or 899 for the Emo 5 is what I was comparing.

    The Outlaw 7075 is comparable to the new Emo UPA-700. The outlaw is 41lbs vs Emo at 29. However the Emo is only 499 vs 699 for the outlaw. On a budget and want to improve a receiver with a less than stellar amp section then get the Emo and a new BD player. Have everything else then spend the extra and get the Outlaw. The Outlaw appears at least to be more solid on the inside, however, on paper they perform very, very similar and both are rated with outputs at all channels driven. That would be a tough call there, but moving up the amp chain I think the Emo wins out in bang for the buck with XPA-5 at $899 vs the 7125 at $999.
    Last edited by AVJeff; 09-23-2012 at 11:43 AM.

  17. #55
    Administrator CALIBER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Olympia Washington
    Posts
    3,533
    Thanks
    1,225
    Thanked 525 Times in 434 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whiddon View Post
    More stupid questions:

    If you are running a 7 channel amp for a 5channel setup, and say you burn out on of the outputs, can you swap to one you werent using? Just curious.

    Also, here is how I take my setup will change:

    Marantz AVR will only have HDMI running into it, and the rca's out to the Amp. The speaker wires will then go into the amp. As far as audyssey and xover settings and all that crap, the AVR still controls and implements it's settings, its just not powering the speakers anymore?

    Would these be a good choice in cable type (I like BJC), its the same I have running to my sub?:

    http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/subwoofer/index.htm
    You could absolutely do that! Amps are dumb they don't have any kind of thought process they just power stuff, you could hook up your center to one of the surround channels if you were so inclined.

    As for Audessey, it won't know a difference at all! There is no difference as far as it is concerned and will be an easy smooth transition. I would re run Audessey though!
    Magnepan, B&K, Emotiva, HSU

  18. #56
    HDJ Platinum Club Member gadgtfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    23,015
    Thanks
    1,628
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 2,360 Posts
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed

    Quote Originally Posted by caliberconst. View Post
    You could absolutely do that! Amps are dumb they don't have any kind of thought process they just power stuff, you could hook up your center to one of the surround channels if you were so inclined.

    As for Audessey, it won't know a difference at all! There is no difference as far as it is concerned and will be an easy smooth transition. I would re run Audessey though!
    The reason I asked, is I notice some are labeled on the back, but for the life of me I couldnt see where it would matter if you plugged the center into the front right or whatever, because its just taking an incoming signal and amping it back out.

    I figure Ill install a week before the guy gets here, so Ill do a basic audyssey recal and leave it alone until he does his magic.

  19. #57
    HDJ Platinum Club Member gadgtfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    23,015
    Thanks
    1,628
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 2,360 Posts
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed

    Quote Originally Posted by AVJeff View Post
    No I was referring the XPA-5 vs the outlaw for $100 more. The XPA-5 weighs 72.6lbs

    I am comparing by cost not by amp similarities. 999 for the outlaw 7 or 899 for the Emo 5 is what I was comparing.

    The Outlaw 7075 is comparable to the new Emo UPA-700. The outlaw is 41lbs vs Emo at 29. However the Emo is only 499 vs 699 for the outlaw. On a budget and want to improve a receiver with a less than stellar amp section then get the Emo and a new BD player. Have everything else then spend the extra and get the Outlaw. The Outlaw appears at least to be more solid on the inside, however, on paper they perform very, very similar and both are rated with outputs at all channels driven. That would be a tough call there, but moving up the amp chain I think the Emo wins out in bang for the buck with XPA-5 at $899 vs the 7125 at $999.
    I gotta figure some of the price difference in Outlaw and Emo is China vs US. Not as much a quality thing, but it's just gonna cost more built here. You see that in many types of products.

    Hsu gear is built and assembled in China, another way they offer a good sub at a great price.

  20. #58
    HDJ Platinum Club Member gadgtfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    23,015
    Thanks
    1,628
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 2,360 Posts
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed



    Looking at the rear of my AVR, I'll just run everything out of the "pre out" section to the amp, correct?

  21. #59
    Administrator CALIBER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Olympia Washington
    Posts
    3,533
    Thanks
    1,225
    Thanked 525 Times in 434 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whiddon View Post
    The reason I asked, is I notice some are labeled on the back, but for the life of me I couldnt see where it would matter if you plugged the center into the front right or whatever, because its just taking an incoming signal and amping it back out.

    I figure Ill install a week before the guy gets here, so Ill do a basic audyssey recal and leave it alone until he does his magic.
    Trust me the fact that they are labeled is a good thing, my B&K is not (since it does not matter like you are saying) but hooking it up is a real drag with out having them labeled. I just went into swap out some IC's and speaker wire and for the life of me couldn't figure out what was what, I had to go back and re trace everything!
    Magnepan, B&K, Emotiva, HSU

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to CALIBER For This Useful Post:

    gadgtfreek (09-23-2012)

  23. #60
    Administrator CALIBER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Olympia Washington
    Posts
    3,533
    Thanks
    1,225
    Thanked 525 Times in 434 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Outlaw Audio Model 7125 Seven Channel Amplifier Reviewed


    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whiddon View Post


    Looking at the rear of my AVR, I'll just run everything out of the "pre out" section to the amp, correct?
    YEP!
    Magnepan, B&K, Emotiva, HSU

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CALIBER For This Useful Post:

    AVJeff (09-23-2012), gadgtfreek (09-23-2012)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •