werthliving.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Energy Take Classic and Mono price 9774 are the same!!

Thanks

Default Re: Energy Take Classic and Mono price 9774 are the same!!

werthliving.com

Quote Originally Posted by STARKILLER--1138 View Post
    Ugh! So, looks like the stereo pair and sub options got pushed back finally too. Can't say I didn't see it coming, but at this point, I thing I'm just going to buy a whole other Take package and just use two speakers out of that for 7.1.
    Why not just buy some bigger book shelf's for the fronts, and put the fronts you have now in the rear?
    Magnepan, B&K, Emotiva, HSU

Casual HD User STARKILLER--1138's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CALIBER View Post
    Why not just buy some bigger book shelf's for the fronts, and put the fronts you have now in the rear?
    I could, but I'm extremely happy with the little Energy's I have now. Just want to do 7.1. with another pair of takes.

Thanks

I could, but I'm extremely happy with the little Energy's I have now. Just want to do 7.1. with another pair of takes.
    Also finding something that tonally matches the Take's would be hard. Energy as a brand has pretty much come to a halt aside from the Take Classic and a couple of soundbar models. I guess the closest thing for upgrading the front pair would the CB-5 or CB-10 bookshelves.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpHeRe31459 View Post
    Also finding something that tonally matches the Take's would be hard. Energy as a brand has pretty much come to a halt aside from the Take Classic and a couple of soundbar models. I guess the closest thing for upgrading the front pair would the CB-5 or CB-10 bookshelves.
    And, that's really the great thing about the Take package. They are all the same speaker. It's not high-end by any means, but they sound very good and sounds transitioning from speaker to speaker is flawless. If I were to buy bigger bookshelves, it would be all the way around. For me, that would be the only way to go.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to STARKILLER--1138 For This Useful Post:

GOS (05-10-2013)

Thanks

And, that's really the great thing about the Take package. They are all the same speaker. It's not high-end by any means, but they sound very good and sounds transitioning from speaker to speaker is flawless. If I were to buy bigger bookshelves, it would be all the way around. For me, that would be the only way to go.
    I know, that's the big issue, since they're all a nicely matched set, to replace one pair, you feel compelled to replace all of them, or at the very least the front 3 would need replacing.

I went through these same issues a while back trying to think about if and how to maybe get a bit bigger sound out of what I had, by replacing the front 3 or just starting over, etc. etc.

For now as an apartment dweller, I'm just sticking with the Takes as they are. But I occasionally get the itch to go with towers, etc. LOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpHeRe31459 View Post
    I know, that's the big issue, since they're all a nicely matched set, to replace one pair, you feel compelled to replace all of them, or at the very least the front 3 would need replacing.

I went through these same issues a while back trying to think about if and how to maybe get a bit bigger sound out of what I had, by replacing the front 3 or just starting over, etc. etc.

For now as an apartment dweller, I'm just sticking with the Takes as they are. But I occasionally get the itch to go with towers, etc. LOL
    LOL! I was finally able to sell my towers just this week. They had been sitting in my loft for months collecting dust. Not looking at upgrading at all. I definitely plan to use these little Energy's for as long as they last. Although, if I do "upgrade" I'll make sure it is a significant one. Something like Kreisel's new line of satellites. The M&K S-150P was the best speaker I've ever owned, and something that can be used in rooms of just about any size. The newer version is smaller too, and is a beautiful speaker. Asthetics are a big thing for me. Another reason I went with the Takes.

Thanks

Now these Take "clones" are off the site. Too bad.

Thanks

Now these Take "clones" are off the site. Too bad.
    Figures :-/

Thanks

The clones replacements are finally available and CNET has reviewed them:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/surround-spe...-35826981.html

They say they best the Take Classic's.

Monoprice's last home theater speaker system was literally too good to be true: a near clone of the outstanding Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers ($350 street) for a fraction of the cost. The copycat 9774 speakers ended up as the subject of a lawsuit from Energy's parent company, Klipsch. The proceedings were settled out of court, and the 9774 speakers were discontinued.

Now the company is back with the 10565 speaker system ($249), with the same price, but a different look. The new speakers still share many of the same specs as the Energy speakers, but there are just enough differences that the two systems don't feel identical. Unfortunately, those cosmetic differences make the Monoprice speakers less stylish, looking more like the budget speakers than they actually are.

On the other hand, the 10565 system surprised us by actually sounding better (to our ears) than the Energy speakers. That's no easy feat, as the Energy Take Classic has long been a standout in sound quality when it comes to compact speaker systems under $500.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpHeRe31459 For This Useful Post:

GOS (10-23-2013), STARKILLER--1138 (10-18-2013)

Thanks

Thanks for the review link. I've wanted to jump on the Monoprice system for some time, but delays forced me to buy and additional Energy Take set, so no new speakers for a while.

Thanks

Looks like Monoprice will be offering a stereo pair of these speakers sold separately and same with the sub. I'll probably pick up two of the subs, and maybe just maybe, grab a couple of the speakers for a goof!

Thanks

Just wanted to add that according to Monoprice, the red and black speaker post caps don't come off the 10800's like on the Energy Takes. So, you can't use banana plugs with them like you can on the Takes. Only bare wire. Just FYI.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to STARKILLER--1138 For This Useful Post:

CALIBER (10-25-2013), speedking (10-24-2013)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information