werthliving.com

Thread: Sell Current TV?

Thanks

Default Sell Current TV?

werthliving.com

Hi fellow Junkies,

I've read a lot about how some people are planning on selling their current, 1-3 year old TVs in order to upgrade. This year I find myself thinking of doing the same thing, but I'm not sure where to start. The only time I've ever replaced my TV was when the one I had died. Any advice on listing and selling my current set? It's a 65VT30 and due to it's size and weight I'm thinking that places like eBay won't work out well. I'm wondering what those who frequently sell their equipment do. Thanks for any help you can give!
    If you look for the bad in displays expecting to find it, you surely will.
    I'm not a calibrator but I play one on my TV.

British Legends Worlds first on-line multiplayer text adventure and free to play!

Tiger Meat!! Tiger Meat!! cajieboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Sell Current TV?

Quote Originally Posted by rgladiator View Post
    Hi fellow Junkies,

I've read a lot about how some people are planning on selling their current, 1-3 year old TVs in order to upgrade. This year I find myself thinking of doing the same thing, but I'm not sure where to start. The only time I've ever replaced my TV was when the one I had died. Any advice on listing and selling my current set? It's a 65VT30 and due to it's size and weight I'm thinking that places like eBay won't work out well. I'm wondering what those who frequently sell their equipment do. Thanks for any help you can give!
    Craigs List is free and easy to do. Just take adequate precautions. I've sold several big ticket items on Craigs List, but never offered a TV. Reason being is that unless the TV was such a dog & bad performer that I couldn't stand keeping it around the house, and that I'd also be prepared to lose a good chunk of change to be rid of it. This has never happened as all my TV's have been keepers, so the older TV is regulated to a spare bedroom, office, etc. to make room for the new main viewer. Once the TV gets too old even for that retirement duty, then I donate them.

In a nutshell, pricing on a used TV drops like a rock, and it always been more worth my while to just keep it rather than sell it. Hope that helps.
    Faster than a speeding bullet...more powerful than a locomotive...able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cajieboy For This Useful Post:

rgladiator (04-23-2013)

HDJ Platinum Club Member gadgtfreek's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 2,360 Posts

Default Re: Sell Current TV?

Ive sold a lot of tv's (4 to be exact) on Craigslist, works fine. If you ever sell something smaller, in the LCD form, Uhaul make two size boxes that work great. Ive used them and sold on eBay easily, just used Freight Center.com to get a quote and pickup from a freight shipper. Only issue with that is they wont insure stuff.

Also have been able to get competitive pricing selling on Craigs list, good money.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gadgtfreek For This Useful Post:

forever4u (05-08-2013), rgladiator (04-23-2013)

Thread Information