werthliving.com

Thread: Speaker/Subs help!

Casual HD User
    Thanks

Default Speaker/Subs help!

werthliving.com

So I'm kind of a dummy when it comes to speaker wiring. Right now I have two large spreakers that are also subwoofers(Pic 1). It's an old system but it still sounds great. The problem I'm having is that I don't want the large clunky thing that connects it all together(Pic 2) I only use it to play my iPod and to adjust the bass. The CD player/tape player/ and radio all don't work. Only AUX works, which is fine because I don't need the other ones. What I need is a converter so I can just plug the speakers into the iPod. It's not so simple however since the speakers are subwoofers AND speakers(Pic 3)

So anyone know what kind of converter I could use? I'm not trying to spend a fortune on it but if I can find an affordable one I would be very happy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Casual HD User
    Thanks

Default Re: Speaker/Subs help!

The red wires are for the Subwoofers, and the blue wires are for the speakers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

HDJ Platinum Club Member Baron1's Avatar
    Thanks

That looks like something from the future, or something from a lost past. LOL sorry I havent seen something like that in awhile. Looks like
    it belongs in a space ships of some sorts.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Baron1 For This Useful Post:

GOS (04-20-2014)

HDJ Platinum Club Member
    Thanks

Any solution is likely to be more complicated (and expensive) than you want to deal with. That there are separate outputs for the "subwoofers" suggests the presence of a crossover inside the component you want to get rid of, along with four amplifier channels. So you'd need a stereo electronic crossover and a four-channel power amp (or two stereo power amps), and then you'd need to figure out appropriate settings for the crossover by trial and error. Suggest you stick with what you have or start over from scratch. I'm confident you can get better speakers for not a lot of money, and then all you would need would be a cheap stereo integrated amp or receiver.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MDRiggs For This Useful Post:

GOS (04-21-2014)

Thread Information