werthliving.com

Thread: Yamaha, Panasonic, Direct TV Setup

Casual HD User
    Thanks

Unhappy Yamaha, Panasonic, Direct TV Setup

werthliving.com

Want to use dedicated home theatre for TV viewing using only the direct TV remote. All blogs say Yamaha off/on cannot be programmed to Direct TV remote. I know it can because someone on this site helped me 2-yrs ago when new. Lost all setting due to lightning and dummy here did not save code or instruction. I have set up Yamaha HDMI control/ARC. Panasonic remote will work, but Direct TV only turns receiver on, not off. Frustrating when working for 2-yrs....any suggestion or help appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: Yamaha, Panasonic, Direct TV Setup

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    Want to use dedicated home theatre for TV viewing using only the direct TV remote. All blogs say Yamaha off/on cannot be programmed to Direct TV remote. I know it can because someone on this site helped me 2-yrs ago when new. Lost all setting due to lightning and dummy here did not save code or instruction. I have set up Yamaha HDMI control/ARC. Panasonic remote will work, but Direct TV only turns receiver on, not off. Frustrating when working for 2-yrs....any suggestion or help appreciated.
    Don't know DirectTV's remotes (not a DTV customer), I think they're similar to the OFA made remotes Comcast uses, but Yamaha's have discrete on and off codes, so it sounds like you need to custom program the discrete on and off commands into the DTV remote.

A bit of info here: http://forums.directv.com/thread/11085363

Thanks

Default Re: Yamaha, Panasonic, Direct TV Setup

Marshall...

I'm new here but have bounced around various AV-related forums. If you want help programming a remote, there are plenty of experts over at the RemoteCentral Forum who love a challenge. Helped me figure out a Vizio/Comcast/Chromecast single remote solution. They seem to know DirecTV as well. The member that helped me out is "3FG" the guy is very knowledgeable and never talks down to anyone.

In my FR I have DirecTV/AppleTV/Chromecast/BDPlayer feeding my current AVR a Yamaha HTR-5063 into my 65" Mits DLP, but I'm still using multiple remotes. I bought a programable/rechargeable remote a couple years ago, but got frustrated with the programming interface. Now I'm having visions of a possible AVR upgrade, so I'll just hold off on trying to consolidate remotes until that happens. A4Less has some incredible refurb deals that are tempting LOL.

Hope you get your remotes squared away.

Mike

Thread Information