werthliving.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My "A" List for a new AVR

Thanks

Default Re: My "A" List for a new AVR

werthliving.com

Waiting a couple of months can also mean that a bunch of really nicely featured current models will be dropping in price if 2015 models have full HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliance and not a promise of potential firmware fixes. My current Yamaha has YPAO but I'm getting the feeling that Audyssey variants might be superior and balancing the speaker system is always a big deal. Not being a Denon guy I don't know a whole lot about them, but I have seen them at BB and they are very impressive. What I am curious about is the Denon-Marantz feature sets and how they are different or maybe why?

Good example is the Marantz SR-7007 that Mr. Rizzo suggested... price wise, it's more expensive that the Denon AVR-3313Ci but what are the big differences? School me on this, I'm curious.

Mike
    Mitsubishi WD-65737 • Yamaha HTR-5063 • Panasonic DMP BDT210 BDPlayer
    DirecTV • Chromecast • AppleTV/XMBC • Comcast HD
    Speakers • Towers Polk Audio Monitor60B II • CC Polk Audio CS1B II
    Rear Surround Klipsch S10s • Sub Velodyne EQ Max 8"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LightningMike View Post
    Waiting a couple of months can also mean that a bunch of really nicely featured current models will be dropping in price if 2015 models have full HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliance and not a promise of potential firmware fixes.
    Yep. Very true, another benefit to waiting a couple of months.

My current Yamaha has YPAO but I'm getting the feeling that Audyssey variants might be superior and balancing the speaker system is always a big deal.
    Yes Audyssey is much more advanced than YPAO and comes with a suite of useful features beyond the speaker setup/room correction portion.

Not being a Denon guy I don't know a whole lot about them, but I have seen them at BB and they are very impressive. What I am curious about is the Denon-Marantz feature sets and how they are different or maybe why?

Good example is the Marantz SR-7007 that Mr. Rizzo suggested... price wise, it's more expensive that the Denon AVR-3313Ci but what are the big differences? School me on this, I'm curious.
    Denon and Marantz are sister companies these days. As a rule of thumb, Marantz is considered a bit higher end than Denon, but that's kind of subjective.

The Marantz SR-7007 versus Denon AVR-3313Ci are very similar, it looks like it comes down to the styling (Marantz has their clean curved front panel look), and any differences in their amplifier sections (i.e. Marantz's specific amp tech versus Denon's).

There's a lot of Denon fans here (myself included), the refurbished Denon AVR-3313Ci is $100 less than the Marantz SR-7007, so if choosing between those two I'd say go for the Denon.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpHeRe31459 For This Useful Post:

GOS (03-21-2015), ImRizzo (03-21-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,745 Times in 1,461 Posts

I don't remember anytime in the years I've been on the forums of ever reading a Bad-mouthing thread or post aimed at Denon's AVR's ?? I'm sure there maybe a few discontent owners but never a Direct hit on any specific products.
    Sent from my Fisher Price touch&talk~using ITouchmyself II
    LG OLED 55B6P ~SonyXBR929~Oppo UDP203~Denon 3311~Mirage V2 SPK-SYS w/ S10 SW~ DVP5000~Harmony1100
    Cablevision Optimum via Scientific Atlantic 8300HDDVR

Thanks

I was impressed by my son's friend's Denon... nice features and he's almost always on the bleeding edge, can't wait to buy new technology. He already has a UHD TV setup in his living room but with a optical (?) sound bar. The Denon is in a sort of family room and he's got a Polk HT 5.1 bundle there... mainly setup for his kids. Anyway... he loves his Denon, think he was a Yamaha owner once, tried Onkyo, then the Denon, I think its the 2313Ci model.

Being an old-time Marantz owner... I admit to having a soft spot for the brand LOL. But yeah... either one of those two (Marantz SR-7007 or Denon AVR-3313Ci) would be at the top of my "A" list even without the HDMI 2.0 or HDCP 2.2.
    Mitsubishi WD-65737 • Yamaha HTR-5063 • Panasonic DMP BDT210 BDPlayer
    DirecTV • Chromecast • AppleTV/XMBC • Comcast HD
    Speakers • Towers Polk Audio Monitor60B II • CC Polk Audio CS1B II
    Rear Surround Klipsch S10s • Sub Velodyne EQ Max 8"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information