werthliving.com

Thread: Panasonic ST30 Viera Issues

Casual HD User
    Thanks

Default Panasonic ST30 Viera Issues

werthliving.com

I will try not to make this a long winded story. I purchased 3 of these smart TVs March of 2012. I have Exede satellite and can consistently clock 19M download speeds. Fabulous right?! But when I try to watch a HD movie it "loads" the movie every 30-60 seconds. Exede has provided me the data that I am not being disconnected. I can plug my laptop directly into the satellite modem and watch the movie fine. When I plug the cat 6 cable from my TV into the modem it "loads" the movie every 30-60 seconds. My bios on the TV is up to date. What recommendations if any does anyone have so I can watch movies? Thanks!

HDJ Platinum Club Member gadgtfreek's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 2,360 Posts

Default Re: Panasonic ST30 Viera Issues

When I took a survey for an exede install here, and told them I watch Netflix and Amazon in HD, they immediately told me satellite internet was NOT for me. Even though it can hit this burst speeds I do not think they handle streaming video well.

HDJ Platinum Club Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
    When I took a survey for an exede install here, and told them I watch Netflix and Amazon in HD, they immediately told me satellite internet was NOT for me. Even though it can hit this burst speeds I do not think they handle streaming video well.
    Yeah, but he says it works fine with his laptop, just not his TV.

HDJ Platinum Club Member gadgtfreek's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 2,360 Posts

I wonder if he has the web player playback options on his account set to auto or low, and that allows his laptop to work. That being said, I am highly skeptical a blu-ray player or tv with the app is going to work worth a darn on satellite internet. It's not setup for that type of use regardless of speed, which is why exede bascially told me not to use their product.

Throwing that away, I do know a recent update to the 50 series made the Netflix app buggy, and I do not expect much support from Panny going forward. Do you have the option of getting a Roku from say Amazon and trying it? Or a cheap Sony blu-player (I use the new BDP 1500 in my bedroom as a Netflix and Amazon streamer). That way if it doesnt work either you can just send it back to them.

Other option is to connect the laptop to the ST30 if you have an HDMI port

Thanks

Do you have the option of getting a Roku from say Amazon and trying it? Or a cheap Sony blu-player (I use the new BDP 1500 in my bedroom as a Netflix and Amazon streamer). That way if it doesnt work either you can just send it back to them.
    Other option is to connect the laptop to the ST30 if you have an HDMI port
    These suggestions are worth trying.

Whether it is due to built in storage (buffer memory) and/or better processors and/or Whatever, both our laptops (2) and Amazon Fire TV Stick handle Streaming Video better than any of the "Smart" TVs or BR Players we've tried. Sometimes the difference is minor, but at other times (different gear, location, time of day...) it is enough to turn an unwatchable stream into a pleasant viewing experience...

Thread Information