werthliving.com


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: 2010 Topps Series I Baseball Cards

  1. #21
    HD, the only way to go... House72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,356
    Thanks
    208
    Thanked 384 Times in 330 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    werthliving.com

    Quote Originally Posted by ImRizzo View Post
    Some of those are big bucks on EBay
    I was actually on Ebay lastnight looking at them. lol You're right, some of them are worth some $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by ImRizzo View Post
    Now the market is in Certified Professionally graded cards which are graded and sealed in a slab. I have a pristine Wayne Gretzky Rookie valued at $350.00 ungraded if I get it graded and sealed It would probably be valued at about $750.00-800.00
    I also noticed that too. I don't have any cards graded, I do have them well proctected in Binders, Hard plastice cases, etc. etc.. Isn't it a pretty penny to get cards graded though??? I swear I read that it was up near a 100 bucks a card to get graded.. Maybe I read wrong, but if that's the case, that's insane.. I would go broke getting all my cards graded, even just the ones I thought were worth money.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImRizzo View Post
    In the right condition they could probably pay for that Camaro
    Yea, True that.. Put into my daughters savings..













    PSST, the Camaro is paid for already though. lol
    PSN= Foreniscs80..

  2. #22
    FATHER TIMELESS ImRizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Eastern End of Long Island NY
    Age
    74
    Posts
    30,556
    Thanks
    608
    Thanked 1,745 Times in 1,461 Posts
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by House72 View Post
    I was actually on Ebay lastnight looking at them. lol You're right, some of them are worth some $$$


    I also noticed that too. I don't have any cards graded, I do have them well proctected in Binders, Hard plastice cases, etc. etc.. Isn't it a pretty penny to get cards graded though??? I swear I read that it was up near a 100 bucks a card to get graded.. Maybe I read wrong, but if that's the case, that's insane.. I would go broke getting all my cards graded, even just the ones I thought were worth money.


    Yea, True that.. Put into my daughters savings..













    PSST, the Camaro is paid for already though. lol
    No if you buy a copy of Beckett's price guide they have a listing for grading, and they are one of the better grading companies, prices vary on the number of cards and the time frame you need, if your not in a hurry their pretty reasonable.
    Sent from my Fisher Price touch&talk~using ITouchmyself II
    LG OLED 55B6P ~SonyXBR929~Oppo UDP203~Denon 3311~Mirage V2 SPK-SYS w/ S10 SW~ DVP5000~Harmony1100
    Cablevision Optimum via Scientific Atlantic 8300HDDVR

  3. #23
    HD, the only way to go... House72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,356
    Thanks
    208
    Thanked 384 Times in 330 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImRizzo View Post
    No if you buy a copy of Beckett's price guide they have a listing for grading, and they are one of the better grading companies, prices vary on the number of cards and the time frame you need, if your not in a hurry their pretty reasonable.
    Yea, Beckett has a more accurate market value then any other price guide I seen or read..

    I will have to donate some time and see what I have at my parents house.. WOuldn't mind stubbling across an Honus Wagner card. lol I know I don't have one of those. I wish.. I do have some old cards though..

    You sound like My father and Uncles with the cards in the spokes. lol I got the I could've had this or that if I didn't abuse those cards..
    The best I hear, If youf grandmother didn't toss the cards out with my comics I would have a lot more money.. lol

    Do you have any cards graded Rizz?
    PSN= Foreniscs80..

  4. #24
    FATHER TIMELESS ImRizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Eastern End of Long Island NY
    Age
    74
    Posts
    30,556
    Thanks
    608
    Thanked 1,745 Times in 1,461 Posts
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by House72 View Post
    Yea, Beckett has a more accurate market value then any other price guide I seen or read..

    I will have to donate some time and see what I have at my parents house.. WOuldn't mind stubbling across an Honus Wagner card. lol I know I don't have one of those. I wish.. I do have some old cards though..

    You sound like My father and Uncles with the cards in the spokes. lol I got the I could've had this or that if I didn't abuse those cards..


    The best I hear, If youf grandmother didn't toss the cards out with my comics I would have a lot more money.. lol

    Do you have any cards graded Rizz?
    No none graded,I have a few I want to get graded Like the gretzky, Lemieux and a half a dozen Ken Griffey Jr's cards I've sold a shit load of cards on Ebay already made some good money, had a lot of hockey cards.
    Sent from my Fisher Price touch&talk~using ITouchmyself II
    LG OLED 55B6P ~SonyXBR929~Oppo UDP203~Denon 3311~Mirage V2 SPK-SYS w/ S10 SW~ DVP5000~Harmony1100
    Cablevision Optimum via Scientific Atlantic 8300HDDVR

  5. #25
    HD, the only way to go... House72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,356
    Thanks
    208
    Thanked 384 Times in 330 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImRizzo View Post
    No none graded,I have a few I want to get graded Like the gretzky, Lemieux and a half a dozen Ken Griffey Jr's cards I've sold a shit load of cards on Ebay already made some good money, had a lot of hockey cards.
    I was never big into Hockey.. Mostly baseball cards. I do have some Football and bastketball cards.. I have hundreds of Griffey Jr cards. Multiple rookie cards in all card makers.. Those were the years I hit cards hard.. I started to tail off when jeter and Alex R came on. I have their rookie cards, but I stopped collecting a little bit after that..
    PSN= Foreniscs80..

  6. #26
    FATHER TIMELESS ImRizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Eastern End of Long Island NY
    Age
    74
    Posts
    30,556
    Thanks
    608
    Thanked 1,745 Times in 1,461 Posts
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by House72 View Post
    I was never big into Hockey.. Mostly baseball cards. I do have some Football and bastketball cards.. I have hundreds of Griffey Jr cards. Multiple rookie cards in all card makers.. Those were the years I hit cards hard.. I started to tail off when jeter and Alex R came on. I have their rookie cards, but I stopped collecting a little bit after that..
    The Griffey card of Value is the 1989 Upper Deck(Upper Decks first year of production) card #1 at one time was valued at 100.00 each I had 6 of them hand picked for perfection perfectly centered frt and rear all these detail add into the evaluation. I got into Hockey strictly as investment as it was just coming into it own and building collector interest. I had a couple of Jeters rookies that were valued at 90.00 each, I unloaded them for about 75. ea I forget what make and issue.
    Sent from my Fisher Price touch&talk~using ITouchmyself II
    LG OLED 55B6P ~SonyXBR929~Oppo UDP203~Denon 3311~Mirage V2 SPK-SYS w/ S10 SW~ DVP5000~Harmony1100
    Cablevision Optimum via Scientific Atlantic 8300HDDVR

  7. #27
    HD, the only way to go... House72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,356
    Thanks
    208
    Thanked 384 Times in 330 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImRizzo View Post
    The Griffey card of Value is the 1989 Upper Deck(Upper Decks first year of production) card #1 at one time was valued at 100.00 each I had 6 of them hand picked for perfection perfectly centered frt and rear all these detail add into the evaluation. I got into Hockey strictly as investment as it was just coming into it own and building collector interest. I had a couple of Jeters rookies that were valued at 90.00 each, I unloaded them for about 75. ea I forget what make and issue.
    I know all about that card. The infamous Upperdeck Griffey JR.. I have a few of them.. I remember at one point the card was near 150, back in the day.. My fav player was Dave justice from the braves. I have no word to lie about 8-10 of his rookie cards in each series, I also have an Authentic Jersey of his.. I collected Frank Thomas, Griffey Jr, Justice, Mfgriff, Sosa, all of them..

    Rizz,

    My aunt every week no word to lie would buy me a box of cards every week. I had all the stars, all the inserts. I have a crap load of cards..

    Remember when Leaf came out, those where the cards to have, then Topps Staduim Club finest, Bowman made a comeback.. The days, bringing back memories..
    PSN= Foreniscs80..

  8. #28
    FATHER TIMELESS ImRizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Eastern End of Long Island NY
    Age
    74
    Posts
    30,556
    Thanks
    608
    Thanked 1,745 Times in 1,461 Posts
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by House72 View Post
    I know all about that card. The infamous Upperdeck Griffey JR.. I have a few of them.. I remember at one point the card was near 150, back in the day.. My fav player was Dave justice from the braves. I have no word to lie about 8-10 of his rookie cards in each series, I also have an Authentic Jersey of his.. I collected Frank Thomas, Griffey Jr, Justice, Mfgriff, Sosa, all of them..

    Rizz,

    My aunt every week no word to lie would buy me a box of cards every week. I had all the stars, all the inserts. I have a crap load of cards..

    Remember when Leaf came out, those where the cards to have, then Topps Staduim Club finest, Bowman made a comeback.. The days, bringing back memories..
    Yes definitely Leaf for Frank Thomas were hot now there shit, I founbd out a few lessons when I was buying for investment buy and sell never hold on to anything because 90% of the time shit crash and crashed quickly. Inserts were hot items I have loads of them which are now not worth the card board their printed on.
    Sent from my Fisher Price touch&talk~using ITouchmyself II
    LG OLED 55B6P ~SonyXBR929~Oppo UDP203~Denon 3311~Mirage V2 SPK-SYS w/ S10 SW~ DVP5000~Harmony1100
    Cablevision Optimum via Scientific Atlantic 8300HDDVR

  9. #29
    HD, the only way to go... House72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,356
    Thanks
    208
    Thanked 384 Times in 330 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImRizzo View Post
    Yes definitely Leaf for Frank Thomas were hot now there shit, I founbd out a few lessons when I was buying for investment buy and sell never hold on to anything because 90% of the time shit crash and crashed quickly. Inserts were hot items I have loads of them which are now not worth the card board their printed on.
    Yea, most cards aren't worth the carboard their printed on..

    I was young(11,12,13etc,etc.), I was buying cards to collect, not to make money on..

    Yea, it was amazing on the cards would go up and down, worse the stock market.. lol

    Are newer baseball cards worth anything?? I mean is their any value, or market appeal for cards??

    What do kids collect now??
    PSN= Foreniscs80..

  10. #30
    FATHER TIMELESS ImRizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Eastern End of Long Island NY
    Age
    74
    Posts
    30,556
    Thanks
    608
    Thanked 1,745 Times in 1,461 Posts
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by House72 View Post
    Yea, most cards aren't worth the carboard their printed on..

    I was young(11,12,13etc,etc.), I was buying cards to collect, not to make money on..

    Yea, it was amazing on the cards would go up and down, worse the stock market.. lol



    Are newer baseball cards worth anything?? I mean is their any value, or market appeal for cards??

    What do kids collect now??
    Years ago the "Inserts" ruled the market then they ruined the market and now every issue has so many inserts and variations of each insert they are valuable within the first few months of issue but then cave-in rapidily thereafter some inserts are actually numbered and those that are in limited issue 50 to 100 are some what valuable but there is also Upper Deck issued inserts that are numbered to 1 of 1 those are valuable I once pulled an Upper Deck Martin Broduer NJ Devils goalie card # 1 of 1 I posted it on craigslist the day I pulled it ( Martin Broduer is a highly sure fire hall of fame goalie from NJ ) I had a dealer offer me 800.00 $'s for it I meet with him the next day and unloaded it Beckett listed it as valued at 1000.00 that month I meet the same dealer a month later at a show he still had the card and was having a hard time trying to unload it for 600.00.
    Sent from my Fisher Price touch&talk~using ITouchmyself II
    LG OLED 55B6P ~SonyXBR929~Oppo UDP203~Denon 3311~Mirage V2 SPK-SYS w/ S10 SW~ DVP5000~Harmony1100
    Cablevision Optimum via Scientific Atlantic 8300HDDVR

  11. #31
    Beer Me SOBAY310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Posts
    6,667
    Thanks
    296
    Thanked 150 Times in 141 Posts
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Thanks for the hobby talk. This is good stuff! Great to hear about all the cards you guys had. And I never knew Rizz was in the market...great insight!

  12. #32
    Beer Me SOBAY310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Posts
    6,667
    Thanks
    296
    Thanked 150 Times in 141 Posts
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Beckett.com really is a great online trading card community now. You can buy, sell, and trade with other members. They have an online price guide now too. House, Topps also sells UFC cards with inserts that look pretty fricken sweet. Check out this link real quick, SWEET!!:
    http://blogbeckett.wordpress.com/201...serious-punch/

  13. #33
    HD, the only way to go... House72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,356
    Thanks
    208
    Thanked 384 Times in 330 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by SOBAY310 View Post
    Thanks for the hobby talk. This is good stuff! Great to hear about all the cards you guys had. And I never knew Rizz was in the market...great insight!
    Yea, I can talk forever about cards and transformers, that was my youth, Guns too. lol

    It's great to talk about cards with the Rizz, he offered up alot of insight.. Hope he keeps it up..

    With the current cards and years, is the inserts the only thing worth anything??

    I know what you mean about inserts Rizz, I remember you were lucky if you got an insert, they used to be like one a box if you were lucky.. I remember paying 25 plus for some packs of cards..
    Now, you pay a few bucks get 5 cards and insert.. The card makers oversaturated the market in my belief...
    PSN= Foreniscs80..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •