werthliving.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bias lighting LED Rope lights ?

Casual HD User
    Thanks

Default Re: Bias lighting LED Rope lights ?

werthliving.com

i use a two-lamp under-cabinet light from wal-mart. each lamp is 10 watts (halogen), and there are two light levels. the whole thing just sits on the stand behind the panel and points up. works great. the wifely one now allows dark-room movie watching. the bias light killed her lighting induced headaches as soon as i turned it on. amazing!
    55" Panny 55gt30 Plasma!
    53" Panny 53wx53 RPCRT (retired to the game room)
    Various Vizio LCDs scattered about

Manufacturer
    Thanks

HDJ Platinum Club Member
    Thanks

http://ledlightingkit.com/6ledstripkitremote.html

found these as well.

I also just threw out a set of 6 idealume. Same thing, bulbs blew WAY before they should have and replacements were too expensive.
    So I am on the hunt for some LED lights that can do 6500K.

This site is one place I found. Anyone else experiment ?

HDJ Platinum Club Member gadgtfreek's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 2,360 Posts

Ive seen others using them and they work great.

Odd, Ive had my same ideal lume bulb since 2008.

Manufacturer
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Bias lighting LED Rope lights ?

Quote Originally Posted by elwaylite View Post
    Ive seen others using them and they work great.

Odd, Ive had my same ideal lume bulb since 2008.
    What's odd is Suzook's experience. We've been using the same lamp model and supplier since 10/05 and the vast majority are sill in service. The lamp carries a one year warranty. Fluorescent lamps rarely come with a warranty at all. Our lamp supplier doesn't offer one, but we back them for a year on our own. In the lighting industry, published lamp life ratings are averages- the point at which half are estimated to have failed.

HDJ Platinum Club Member gadgtfreek's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 2,360 Posts

I agree. For about 1.5 yrs, during my time in Va, it was used almost every night for 3-4 hours. Now I only use it 2-4 hours on the weekend, for movie time, but it has been used quite a bit.

Casual HD User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Suzook View Post
    Well after a few years of use, I think its time to retire my idealume bias lighting. two of the four sets I have the bulbs have died WELL before they were supposed to. And with Cinemaquest out of business that I know of well............

So can any kind soul educate me on
    led lights and what to get and NOT to get.
    I have done a basic search of 6500k rope light but came away unsatisfied....

Help :
    )
    hello friend I know thread it bit old but I want to purchase bias lighting.. Can you share your experience or review about the lights you got? Your thoughts will be of great help to me.. Waiting for reply thanks in advance
    Last edited by JodyWade; 06-27-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 2,142 Posts

Well, based on his comment, sounds like HE is looking for advice. You got any?

Quote Originally Posted by JodyWade View Post
    hello friend I know thread it bit old but I want to purchase bias lighting.. Can you share your experience or review about the lights you got? Your thoughts will be of great help to me.. Waiting for reply thanks in advance
    Denon AVR-X4000 * Harmony ONE
    Klipsch RF-82 II front * RC3 center * RP3 surrounds * KEF HTS1001 rear
    Rythmik Audio DS1501 CI sub
    Oppo BDP-103
    Samsung LN46B550 LCD

Thanks

Reviving an old thread, but recently bought an "Antec (Soundscience) Bias Lighting for HDTV with 51.1-Inch Cable" kit, and we are very impressed with it - especially given its sub-$20 price tag.

Unit mounts to the back of the panel with its own adhesive - on our 60ST50 we cut off the final 3 leds to fit the panel (cutting points are marked) - and it turns on (and off) automatically with the set (a switch allows you to turn the light off if you wish).

Unit is powered from one of the USB ports on the ST - so if you lack ports, you are either out-of-luck, or would need to find another powered USB source.

In theory, the leds are "carefully calibrated to achieve the optimal viewing experience."
    (Antec's web site claims a "Professionally calibrated 6500K color temperature")

Highly recommended, although HDTV location / surroundings & individual viewing preferences will vary....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dierk For This Useful Post:

BruZZi (12-07-2013)

HDJ Platinum Club Member BruZZi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,558 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dierk View Post
    Reviving an old thread, but recently bought an "Antec (Soundscience) Bias Lighting for HDTV with 51.1-Inch Cable" kit, and we are very impressed with it - especially given its sub-$20 price tag.

Unit mounts to the back of the panel with its own adhesive - on our 60ST50 we cut off the final 3 leds to fit the panel (cutting points are marked) - and it turns on (and off) automatically with the set (a switch allows you to turn the light off if you wish).

Unit is powered from one of the USB ports on the ST - so if you lack ports, you are either out-of-luck, or would need to find another powered USB source.

In theory, the leds are "carefully calibrated to achieve the optimal viewing experience."

Highly recommended, although HDTV location / surroundings & individual viewing preferences will vary....

Nice price for a 6500K rope light.

Pioneer KRP-500M / Denon AVR-2809CI / Emotiva XPA-3
    Paradigm Studio 10's / Paradigm Studio CC-490 / Def Tech PM-800
    Sunfire HRS-8 / Oppo BDP-103D / Behringer DSP-1124 / Digiwave DTV-5000

Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 2,142 Posts

Rather NOOB question I'm guessing....will any open USB port power these things? though, obviously...if you intend to apply to back of TV....makes sense that the USB is from the back or side of the set....

Quote Originally Posted by Dierk View Post

Denon AVR-X4000 * Harmony ONE
    Klipsch RF-82 II front * RC3 center * RP3 surrounds * KEF HTS1001 rear
    Rythmik Audio DS1501 CI sub
    Oppo BDP-103
    Samsung LN46B550 LCD

Thanks

Have read at least one owner review claiming problems with unit (NOT...) Automatically turning On/Off with the panel.
    Suppose it is also possible that some sets ALWAYS provide power to one of their USB ports - but seems unlikely that all ports would be so powered.

Of course, there is still the On/Off switch built into the strip.

Seemed a small risk for the $$, and, in fact, unit works fine on our Pan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information